- Long-term assigment
- Responsible for well engineering, design and technical integrity aspects of well projects and ensuring the safe and efficient execution of operated drilling projects.
- Responsible for follow-up and report well activities and well integrity status in the partner operated license.
- Degree in an engineering/technology/science discipline
- Minimum 15 year experience from well operations, with minimum 8 years in lead engineering and offshore roles in operator companies.
- Work experience from NCS operator companies.
- Experience in planning and executing complex well operations from semi-submersible and jack-up rigs, including HPHT wells.
- Commercial awareness, and understands project financing/cost control principles
- Experience of planning and executing complex subsea drilling operations.
- Completion and well intervention experience.
- Experience from license committees roles as well representative
- Barents Sea well operations experience recommended
- Safe and efficient execution of the Well Operations
- Highest level of technical competence
- Successfully delivers on project/operational objectives
- Develop positive relationships internally and externally
- Sound judgement in decision-making
- Considerable experience in a drilling operations role and of platform, jack-up and semi-submersible operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Responsibilities and work tasks
- Undertake well engineering and design projects, setting clear priorities and goals. Prepare drilling programmes and provide input to well completion and intervention programmes in a timely manner. Ensure projects are executed safely and efficiently, in full compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements
- Inter-face effectively with other teams e.g. subsurface, HSEQ, projects, commercial, finance to safely and successfully deliver the well
- Demonstrate a challenging and innovative approach to well design and construction to ensure cost effective, safe and environmentally acceptable well engineering solutions
- Apply appropriate techniques and processes to drive performance through benchmarking and data analysis
- Ensure appropriate peer reviews and/or Risk Assessments are held for each well with assigned actions closed out accordingly
- Responsible for the capture and close out of lessons learned and analysis of non- productive time (NPT) events
- Prepare and submit End of Well Drilling Reports
- Provide technical input to Discharge Permit Application and ensure submitted in a timely manner
- Contribute to the authority for expenditure (AFE) preparation and submission process, manage well costs and prepare forecasts, check and approve invoices, etc. for particular projects. Ensure operational and project expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored
- Prepare and evaluate tenders for drilling operations. Act as Technical Sponsor for certain drilling contracts. Support the contractor management process by developing highly positive relationships with contractors and suppliers and ensuring delivery against KPIs/scorecards
- Provide technical support and give work direction to less experienced engineers and openly share knowledge
- Participate in relevant industry forums (HTHP, P&A, etc)
- Make regular visits offshore for technical meetings/inspections and to enhance onshore-offshore relationships/communications
- Provide support to the project Drilling Superintendent and provide cover during periods of absence
- Take ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge
- Be flexible and undertake additional duties commensurate with the overall responsibilities of the job, and that are within their competence, when required.
- Review new partner operated well proposals and give input to drill decisions. Undertake in‐house work to support AFE’s / opportunity identification
- Attends RCs and other TC / MC meetings/workshops where agenda requires attendance. Create (meeting) notes for record/traceability and distributes internally accordingly.
- Advises MC representative and Wells Manager on Drilling and Wells issues
- Provides D&C engineering assurance to facilities lifecycle well design.