Acona has entered into a framework agreement with the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate
within general technical advice for work directed at the Oil for Development (OfD) Programme. Acona will provide advice, assistance and training regarding:
• The Authority's evaluation of oil and gas development and transport solutions (including LNG), area study for realization of petroleum deposits and assessment of uncertainty and connection with third parties.
• The Authority's follow-up of sound recovery of fields in production including reporting of data, plans, technical integrity and lifetime
• Assessment of technical solutions for energy efficiency, regularity and safety
• Assessment of incentive schemes for optimal recovery and reduced emissions
• Solutions for handling produced water and waste, use of chemicals, power generation and emissions to air and water etc.
• Maintenance, operation and late life production
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate is an important customer for us, especially because of the credibility it gives us, says CEO of Acona, Stig Hognestad. The reason why we were awarded the framework agreement is, among other things, that we can offer a team of consultants with relevant and broad professional competence for these areas. We are looking forward to continuing our strategic partnership with the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate, says Hognestad.
The framework agreement represents support for the Directorate's cooperation with other countries through the Norwegian development cooperation program - Oil for Development. The program helps to build up the cooperation country's own capacity for management of oil and gas resources in a way that promotes sustainable economic growth and welfare based on Norwegian experience. See more about the program here: https://www.norad.no/en/front/thematic-areas/oil-for-development/
The agreement is valid for two years, with the option of extension for one plus one year.